Friday, January 25, 2013

Cut the excuses

I got called out by a dear friend today. She asked me what has been stopping me from staying on top of my responsibilities. I was ready for her with my standard answers, I need more time alone and less distractions.. But the look she gave me was so penetrating I had to stop defending myself. It was embarrassing to admit my real reasons. But I needed to know how ridiculous it really was to be so behind on things. Unacceptable.

Suggestions:
Kids clean ten things and put them away
Ten minutes completely focused on them, playing. Love bank, ten minutes to clean alone
Give them an activity to do
Put away one toy before taking another out
Be playful, get on their level often, but be firm when you have to be

Use your heart more not your head, solution to depression as well as cleaning, responsible time v. Intellectual time
Go biking while the weather's nice!

Talked about exercising the kids, park time for instance, but it's not enough
Intellectual time and attention and playtime

They knelt down to pray facing each other this morning, mom and daughter

This lady is a powerful force for good, no wonder she's restless at the end of the day! So much energy to share :)

Check out fly lady, so funny she says

No comments:

Post a Comment